Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wow, Life is really quite Grand.

So, today I woke up with a big ol smile on my face, I will not get into the details of why, but I will say that this is going to be a great day and the beginning of a rocktacular weekend. I am starting a new “suicide block” print of a crow. It is going to be sick, good sick, not puking sick. I have 2 new interns coming today so the shop is going to be super organized and clean, and I always get a charge from new pumped interns, they are just so jazzed to be out in that shop, it reminds me how good I have it. I reconnected with an old friend last night and a new one today. I am drinking a wonderful soy latte from Starbucks, I know that I should not support that big crazy monster that is Starbucks, but I have to admit, it really truly is the best soy latte in 3 counties.

I am going to the cities tomorrow to pick up my good pal Amos Paul Kennedy Jr., from the airport. He is flying in from Gordo, Alabama to teach a poster workshop, WITH ME, at St. Ben’s College right here in St. freakin Joe. Him and I go back a bit, but really more than anything we are kindred spirits. Ya know, the person you meet and after just one conversation you feel like you have known each other since grade school. Like that. We are both so excited about letterpress printing. We get each other inspired and fired up about our creations and others art as well. We connect on a ton of different levels and we are generally really super happy people since we have found our path, Lucky us.

We are going to meet up with some printer cats in Minneapolis for a brew at the pub then come back to the sticks and get inky! I am so excited for so many people to meet him, I have been passing out his documentary since I got it so he has a cool little cult following here in Central Minn! So many great things going on even tho I am technically in a bit of a pickle currently awaiting my new job to start.

I am excited to be a pre school art teacher. It is interesting the reaction I get when I tell people that is the job I am currently persuing. Either people think that makes perfect sense, or they are shocked, trying to picture me, not cussing. I like kids and I like playing, I enjoy nap time more than most and passing on my love of art to fresh little minds only makes sense. Doin’ my part to help shift the ways of the world. I can be very persuasive and I think these kids are going to teach me as much as I will teach them. The not so cool part is that this place was supposed to be open 2 weeks ago and it still not open and still no date in sight. I am happy because I got out of my crappy bill collections job, which was whittling away at my very soul, but i am nervous, it has been a decade since I have gone this long without full time work and I am sweatin a bit. It is good, change. It does not always come to me through choice, sometimes it comes from uncomfortable situations that I am forced to deal with, that if I did not put myself into said uncomfortable situation, I would not be forced to grow and adapt, and change. I think that it was a great shift when I stopped thinking so much about today and right now and started to contemplate tomorrow. Wow, that means I am getting “old” but I am totally cool with it. Bring it on! Seriously, I get smarter and wiser and more fascinating with every birthday. It is grand.

So long story short, I cannot wait to hang with Amos, cannot wait for my best right hand letterpress printer, Sam (my niece), to meet Amos and get his contagious creative spark! This is going to be EPIC I tell you! All these like minds coming together, it is really a big picture type situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment