Tuesday, March 6, 2012

DON'T BUST MY CHOPS.


Okay, so if you are a saavy blog reader then you surely noticed that I have not blogged in like 2 years. That could be seen as not being on the ball. Well I have been freakin' busy man. Like really, really busy. I have been building up to this point for about a year and a half. That is really about when I started the big website update, and JUST TODAY that bee-atch went live. That is stick-to-it-ivness my friends. I could have tweaked that thing forever too but alas, get it into the hands of the people! So that is what I did. Now, finally, I feel like I can sit down and write about what has been happening and what is going to be goin' down at Bruno Press. Was just in a very sweet and awesome blog, actually mentioned in two. This one here: 
http://cardandgiftblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/charming-letterpress-greeting-cards.html

is quite awesome. I am so honored to be part of the blog. Was not long ago I had to have my smart computer friends explain to me what a blog even was. Now look at me. I get it, this is social media man, this is the game. Get good or get left behind. 

The thing with me (re)starting this blog is I don't even know where to start. There is so much and so much has happened in just the last 3 months! Bruno Press is growing like a weed. Like a silly, spitfire toddler, the one that everytime you see, you hardly recognize. You wonder what they are feeding it, sort of thing. 
I am going to try to talk about all of the whats what and the whos who but I am going to start with a small bit. 
Today, my stand in boyfriend, Derek, and I really tackled the shop. We turned that place upside down. I am a bit anxious about the whole thing because I have a lot going on and there is never a good time to have things in dissarry. However, it is darkest before the dawn I tell ya. This fung shui attack feel cathartic. I don't think I really know what that word means but I am using it in the way that I am making the space work for me and what my goals are and letting go of the way it has been since it's conception at the hands of my father, Don Bruno. Change is tough, but dammit, it is mostly always real, real good. I will post the before and after shots soon, hopefully very soon infact. 
It is good, and Derek is a wonderful friend. When a gal is dadless and "real" boyfriendless, it is sometimes hard to get the big shit done. So, bless you my friend. You are such a trooper. I hope someday I can afford to pay you what you are worth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment